Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Kamalam's Hobbies
Kamalam
 Posted: Jul 23 2018, 11:47 PM

Advanced Boop
Group: Admin

I decided to start my own little thread because I have a few fun hobbies (which isn't exactly the right word, but it'll do).

The last three days I was in a Reiki Master training with three other women. This is the Usui/ Holy Fire Reiki system. And fire is the key word here!

It's description from the The International Center for Reiki Training (ICRT) is that Holy Fire, "provides purification, healing, empowerment and guidance." I don't know about the guidance part yet - I suspect I'll grow in this as time goes by - but I can attest to the purification and healing nature of it.

It was an intense three days. In some respects a very uncomfortable three days.

Because I'm not a social person, it was super difficult for me to be stuck inside with three other ladies I didn't know for hours on end. I can't even tell you how hard that was for me.

The preparatory meditation was like being stuck between two opposing magnets. Just this incredible pressure on the upper half of my body, shallow breathing, and this incredible heaviness that made me want to fold over. I even felt pings of a panic attack.

That was the bad. The good was that each meditation led to a deeper experience of peace. The heat coursing through my system seemed to purify my cells and gave me the opportunity to trust myself and the energy more than ever before.

Today at the hospital, I cold feel the added punch of the Holy Fire as I gave Reiki to the clients. Some are going through new cancer diagnoses and some are dealing with radiation / chemotherapy aftermath where their joints ache and they carry constant anxiety over what might happen next.

It was a real re-birthing experience. I suspect I'll be processing this for a while.

PM
^
grumpychick
 Posted: Jul 24 2018, 01:50 PM

Curiouser and curiouser.

That sounds like a truly powerful experience and one that pushed you to go beyond yourself and grow!

So glad you are there for your clients. You're helping them on their incredibly difficult journeys and in a way that goes beyond just the physical. You're an amazing woman!
PM
^
Kamalam
 Posted: Jul 24 2018, 07:22 PM

Advanced Boop

QUOTE (grumpychick @ Jul 24 2018, 09:50 AM)
That sounds like a truly powerful experience and one that pushed you to go beyond yourself and grow!

So glad you are there for your clients. You're helping them on their incredibly difficult journeys and in a way that goes beyond just the physical. You're an amazing woman!

//files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/wub.gif You know it's funny, I would describe myself as a sharp knife in a drawer full of spoons. Not because I want to maim or kill anyone, lol, but because I have these edges that don't do well amongst others.

Childhood too wacky and role models sparse on the ground. But I'm trying. That's the best I can say about my life. I'm trying.

Anyway, thank you! //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/smile.gif
PM
^
Navi
 Posted: Jul 25 2018, 10:11 AM

Advanced Flapdoodle

How wonderful! https://i.imgur.com/zwcBGr6.gif https://i.imgur.com/zwcBGr6.gif
Your clients will surely bless you for sticking with it, learning it and being able to apply it.
Take a bow Lady! 💕💕💕

PM
^
grumpychick
 Posted: Jul 25 2018, 02:38 PM

Curiouser and curiouser.

QUOTE (Kamalam @ Jul 24 2018, 03:22 PM)
QUOTE (grumpychick @ Jul 24 2018, 09:50 AM)

//files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/wub.gif You know it's funny, I would describe myself as a sharp knife in a drawer full of spoons. Not because I want to maim or kill anyone, lol, but because I have these edges that don't do well amongst others.

Childhood too wacky and role models sparse on the ground. But I'm trying. That's the best I can say about my life. I'm trying.

Anyway, thank you! //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Trying is important! It shows a willingness to grow, and to be better than things in the past might have made us. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/smile.gif

PM
^
Skookum
 Posted: Jul 25 2018, 03:42 PM

~*~

Hoo-Boy! you're just full of great sig lines, GC! //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif (one-liners with lots of meaning)
That one's a keeper: "Trying is important! It shows a willingness to grow, and to be better than things in the past might have made us. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/smile.gif "

It's too easy to spend time dwelling on bad things that have happened in the past...... real "show stoppers".
PM
^
grumpychick
 Posted: Jul 26 2018, 01:07 PM

Curiouser and curiouser.

QUOTE (Skookum @ Jul 25 2018, 11:42 AM)
Hoo-Boy!  you're just full of great sig lines, GC!  //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif  (one-liners with lots of meaning)
That one's a keeper:  "Trying is important! It shows a willingness to grow, and to be better than things in the past might have made us.  //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/smile.gif "

It's too easy to spend time dwelling on bad things that have happened in the past...... real "show stoppers".

Thanks!
PM
^
Kamalam
 Posted: Jul 27 2018, 02:03 PM

Advanced Boop

I follow some spiritual teachers that are off the beaten path. I'll be adding to this thread with spiritual passages that I want to remember. Not sure this will be anyone else's cup of tea. It is really more for me to not forget.

AN EMBRACEABLE MESS

You are a complete mess, friend, unable to be mended. The time for solutions has passed. Yet stay close. Breathe. This is not the end. Come out of all your futures; no time for futures now.

Look: you are an embraceable mess. A mess that is holy to its very core. You could never be what they wanted you to be. You were always too alive, too inquisitive, born with a heart broken open to life. They tried to close it, but it would never close.

You wouldn’t fit in. You couldn’t conform. You could never squeeze yourself into their ideal of ‘perfection’. The perfect thoughts and feelings, the ‘right’ way to be - your heart was always too big.

Let everything flood in now. Give up. Fall apart. Break down. Let the old dreams of self die a beautiful death. Let all the lost fragments find safety in your loving arms.

And in your falling, find yourself. And in your breaking, breathe.

And all the creatures in all the forgotten Kingdoms are bowing to you now.

Their saviour. Their love.

- Jeff Foster
PM
^
grumpychick
 Posted: Jul 27 2018, 07:39 PM

Curiouser and curiouser.

That is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it.
PM
^
Navi
 Posted: Jul 27 2018, 09:40 PM

Advanced Flapdoodle

Thank you so much for posting this. I will be printing it out and tacking it up in the front hall
next to the Desiderata poem and the 'Yesterday is history' quote from Eleanor Roosevelt.
PM
^
Kamalam
 Posted: Jul 27 2018, 11:15 PM

Advanced Boop

QUOTE (Navi @ Jul 27 2018, 05:40 PM)
Thank you so much for posting this. I will be printing it out and tacking it up in the front hall
next to the Desiderata poem and the 'Yesterday is history' quote from Eleanor Roosevelt.

I'll try to look those up! My computer desktop has a few little gems I've saved for those day... you know, those days...
PM
^
Navi
 Posted: Jul 28 2018, 06:28 AM

Advanced Flapdoodle

QUOTE (Kamalam @ Jul 27 2018, 10:15 PM)
My computer desktop has a few little gems I've saved for those day... you know, those days...
https://s20.postimg.cc/pr0u9btgd/th-up.gif //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/smile.gif
Desiderata and History quotes moved to the Philosophy Corner forum. I know you've seen both before.
https://intoinfinity.jcink.net/index.php?act=ST&f=40&t=153
PM
^
Shecoda
 Posted: Jul 28 2018, 04:06 PM

Advanced Member

So...If we are going to do this kind of philosophical stuff here, do I get rid of the philosophy forum?

Or would a general philosophy thread be in order so we may all remember where philosophical thoughts and discussion are to be found rather than trying to keep track of philosophical discussions that appear here and there in various locations and threads?
PM
^
Navi
 Posted: Jul 29 2018, 12:01 AM

Advanced Flapdoodle

QUOTE (Shecoda @ Jul 28 2018, 03:06 PM)
So...If we are going to do this kind of philosophical stuff here, do I get rid of the philosophy forum?

Or would a general philosophy thread be in order so we may all remember where philosophical thoughts and discussion are to be found rather than trying to keep track of philosophical discussions that appear here and there in various locations and threads?
Oh. I apologize. I should have posted those in the Philosophy forum and then posted a link here.

I'll do that now.
PM
^
Kamalam
 Posted: Jul 29 2018, 12:24 AM

Advanced Boop

QUOTE (Shecoda @ Jul 28 2018, 12:06 PM)

Oh, I didn't even think about that. But that makes total sense. I'll try to post in the appropriate forum from now on.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll